Friday, August 28, 2009

Morning Walk

Isn't it amazing


what you see

when you take




the time to




really look?


I have been walking in the mornings with my sister-in-law. This is desperately needed for both my butt and my spirit. Today I decided to bring my camera and the mushrooms were what I decided to focus on. What was interesting to me is that once I picked the subject of mushrooms I saw them everywhere. They were there all along but until I decided to really see them I didn't even notice. I am always amazed at the life forms in the woods. All that goes on with no input from humans who try so hard to make things happen all the time.

And all the while the woods go on.

I go to the woods to let go. To remind myself that everything will be okay. I remember who I am when I am surrounded by such glory. My problems seem to shrink. I start to breathe deeper. Peace washes over me. I gain perspective and sometimes big insights.

And meanwhile the mushroom just does it's thing with no struggle whatsoever. It gladly lets me photograph it and marvel at it's beauty or it would kill me with a few bites.

Either way. The mushroom just IS.

I am pretty sure the mushrooms are secretly laughing at me right this very minute.



No comments: