Sunday, October 11, 2009

Where have I been?


Hmmm.....well, I have been to the grocery store, the post office, the bookstore, Target but where have I really been??? Did you think I was giving up on this blog already??? No, quite the opposite in fact. I am working on something that has been brewing for quite some time and it just can't wait another minute. An idea that came to myself and my friend Sharlyn is just begging to be completed and put out for others to enjoy. The project was 80% done over two years ago but we had some growing up to do before we could finish the other 20%.

There really is a season for everything.

 At times we can shame or scold ourselves for not bringing something into completion and certainly procrastination can be a very real thing. A real thing but  now always a bad thing. I personally think that procrastination can be God's way of stalling us until it is time. Now, don't get carried away with this theory. I think keeping our house clean, laundry done and bills paid are not things that we should procrastinate on. But sometimes when we are aren't working on a project or putting the finishing touches on something it is simply because the time is not right. We would be wise to pay more attention to when something feels right and take action during these times. Have you ever really needed to talk to someone and you keep running the conversation over and over in your head and you keep thinking "I should just call" and then all of a sudden one day you have dialed the number before you even realize what you have done? This is what I am talking about. Timing is everything. A subtle difference between waiting for the perfect time and procrastination but important to understand. Sometimes it takes hindsight to really see this. There are several reasons why this project was not ready to make it's appearance until now. I haven't always seen this but I do now.
So, I hope to be back with you sooner rather than later but first things first.
You will be among the first to know when we are finished and ready to take the next step.
Now, go do those dishes.

No comments: