Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Soak up the Sun

For those of us who dread winter, these are the days to get outside and soak up all that sunny goodness. These warm, sparkly days are just the best.
Today my adult troubles loomed so large. I made it a point to go outside with Lilly and just be with her. She chased the dog, ate the last of the strawberries out of the garden and reminded me that in this very moment EVERYTHING is okay. She has brought such joy into our lives, we barely remember life without her. I think my troubles are big and then I remind myself that if everyone threw their troubles into a pile we would all race back to pick up our own. All things are blessed, including those things that seem to be your biggest obstacle. Whatever squeeze I find myself in is just my greatest yet to be trying to burst forth. I remember a quote from Arthur Ash the tennis champion...
"If I have to ask why me about my burdens, then I would have to ask why me about my blessings."
Instead, I will just say thank you for every single bit of it.
Without the dark I would not recognize the light.
We need contrast to put our lives into context, I now understand this. Thank you to Neale Donald Walsch. His book "Happier Than God" really helped me to see this. Don't let the title be misleading. It is quite a scientific book and truly has the power to change the course of your life.
Read it and see.
I am getting very sleepy.....
I can  hear my nice, clean, white Rachel Ashwell sheets calling my name.
It was nice to chat with you, I hope you are tucked in safe and loved.
Nighty night,
Kimberly

No comments: